IHWO and GSS
Sign a Memorandum of Cooperation
Founded in 1953 by John and Brita Haycraft, International House is perhaps best known for having introduced an innovative approach to language teaching which eventually evolved into the CELTA, the world's most highly regarded pre-service training course for English language teachers.
These days the International House World Organisation consists of an affiliated network of over 100 schools, operating in around 50 countries. All IH affiliated schools share a quality commitment to their clients and staff and a number of affiliates have also achieved a 'Protecting our Planet' badge, which is awarded by IHWO.
Several IH schools have also managed to achieve accreditation by Green Standard Schools for their commitment to environmental sustainability and the Memorandum of Cooperation that has recently been signed by both organisations should help encourage more IH schools to follow this green path.
GSS President and co-founder Jonathan Dykes will be talking to IH school Directors at their annual conference, which takes place in London in May. This conference will also mark the 70th anniversary of International House.